Fire Closure - Little Queens Fire
Incident: Little Queens Wildfire
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
SAWTOOTH NATIONAL FOREST - SAWTOOTH NATIONAL RECREATION AREA
BOISE NATIONAL FOREST - IDAHO CITY RANGER DISTRICT
Little Queens Fire
For Public Safety
Pursuant to 36 CFR § 261.50 (a) and (b), the following act is prohibited on all lands as described in this order, all within the Sawtooth National Recreation Area, Sawtooth National Forest and Idaho City Ranger District, Boise National Forest. This order will be in effect when signed and shall remain in effect until further notice.
1. Going into or being upon the area, as described in this order. 36 CFR 261.52(e)
Pursuant to 36 CFR § 261.50 (e), the following persons are exempt from this order:
1. Persons with a special use authorization or other Forest Service authorization specifically exempting them from the effect of this order;
2. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty;
3. Federal or State administrative personnel in the performance of an official duty.
The Little Queens Fire Closure Area (including all roads and trails within the area) is described as: all National Forest System Lands beginning in the town of Atlanta at the junction of National Forest System (NFS) Road 205 and NFS Road 268 (Middle Fork Boise River Road) at Township 5 North, Range 11 East, Section Line 3, continuing Westerly along the northern edge of the Middle Fork of the Boise River Road to the junction of NFS Road 327, located at Township 6 North, Range 9 East, Section 35, then continuing North and East along the eastern edge of NFS Road 327 to the NFS Road 327 bridge (near Deer Park) located at Township 7 North, Range 9 East, Section 28, then continuing Easterly along the Southern edge of the North Fork of the Boise River to the Boise National Forest and Sawtooth Wilderness boundary, located at Township 8 North, Range 10 East, Section 27, continuing Northerly along the Sawtooth Wilderness boundary to Township 9 North, Range 10 East, Section 23, continuing along the Sawtooth Wilderness Boundary East and South to Boise County and Elmore County Line at Township 9 North, Range 11 East, Section 21, continuing South and East along the Boise County and Elmore County Line, to Township 7 North, Range 12 East, Section 8, then continuing along the watershed divide between the Queens River and the Middle Fork of the Boise River to the intersection with NFS Road 205 (China Basin Road), located at Township 6 North, Range 11 East, Section 33; continuing southeast along the road and including the 205 road, back to the point of origin. This order does not close NFS Roads 268 and 327.
The above described area (including all roads and trails within the area) are located on National Forest System lands within the administrative and proclaimed boundaries of the Sawtooth National Recreation Area, Sawtooth National Forest and the Idaho City Ranger District, Boise National Forest, within Boise and Elmore Counties, Idaho, Boise Meridian.
The area as described above has ongoing wildfire activity (Little Queens Fire). This area is closed for public safety and protection from hazards associated with wildfire.
1. This order will be in effect when signed and shall remain in effect until further notice.
2. A map identifying the closure area is attached and made part of this order.
3. Violation of the above prohibition is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000.00 for an individual, or $10,000.00 for an organization, and/or imprisonment for not more than six (6) months. 16 U.S.C. § 551; 18 U.S.C. §§ 3571 (b)(6), 3581 (b)(7).
4. This order supersedes any previous order(s) prohibiting the same, or similar acts prohibited by this order in the areas (and/or roads, trails) covered by this order.
5. Further information regarding this order may be obtained at the Stanley Ranger Station, located in Stanley, ID, telephone number (208) 774-3000, at the Sawtooth National Recreation Area Headquarters located near Ketchum, ID, telephone number (208) 727-5000, at the Sawtooth National Forest Supervisors Office in Twin Falls, ID, telephone number (208) 737-3200, at the Idaho City Ranger District located in Idaho City, ID, telephone number (208) 392-6681, and at the Boise National Forest Supervisor’s Office in Boise, ID, telephone number (208)-373-4100.
Done at Twin Falls, Idaho this 18th day of August, 2013.
Rebecca S. Nourse
REBECCA S. NOURSE
Sawtooth National Forest
Done at Boise, Idaho this 18th day of August, 2013.
Cecilia R. Seesholtz
CECILIA R. SEESHOLTZ
Boise National Forest
Sawtooth NF Order Number: 0414-00-21
Boise NF Order Number: 0402-00-30