Papoose Fire Emergency Area Closure August 15, 2013
Incident: Papoose Fire Wildfire
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE FOREST SERVICE
SALMON-CHALLIS AND PAYETTE NATIONAL FORESTS
NORTH FORK AND KRASSEL RANGER DISTRICTS
Emergency Area Closure
PROHIBITIONS: Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50 (b), the following acts are prohibited on the area, roads, and/or trails described in this order, all within the North Fork Ranger District, Salmon-Challis National Forest and the Krassel Ranger District, Payette National Forest until further notice:
1. Going into or being upon the fire area as described below and depicted on the attached map that is closed for the protection of public health or safety. 36 CFR 261.53(e)
2. Being on a trail described below that is posted as closed. 36 CFR 261.55(a)
EXEMPTIONS: Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this order:
1. Persons with a permit specifically exempting them from the effect of this Order.
2. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty.
Beginning at the confluence of Big Creek and the Middle Fork of the Salmon River (T20NR14ES10), proceed westerly approximately 5 miles along FS trail 196 to its junction with FS trail 053 in the northeast corner of section 1 (T20NR13ES1), FS trail 196 will remain open, however National Forest lands to the north of FS trail 196 will be closed, then northerly along FS trail 053 approximately 5 miles to its junction with FS trail 168 (T21NR14ES7). Continue northerly along FS trail 168 approximately 16 miles to its junction with FS trail 202 in the northwest corner of section 17 (T23NR14ES17), then northeasterly along FS trail 202 through Butts Creek Point down to the Salmon River Lodge at the main Salmon River (T23NR14ES1). FS trail 202 will remain open, however National Forest lands to the south and east of FS trail 202 will be closed. Continue upstream southeasterly along the main Salmon River excluding the river corridor 1 quarter mile off the center line of the river channel to the confluence of the Middle Fork of the Salmon River in the northeast corner of section 33 (T23NR15ES33). Continue upstream in a southerly direction along the Middle Fork of the Salmon River excluding the river corridor 1 quarter mile off the center line of the river channel to the confluence of Big Creek and the Middle Fork of the Salmon River at the point of beginning (T20NR14ES10).
All trails and lands interior of the closure area are CLOSED.
FS Trail 202 is open, however lands to its south and east are CLOSED.
The river corridors along the Salmon River and Middle Fork of the Salmon River are open up to 1 quarter mile off the center of the river channel.
The above-described area is within the proclaimed and administrative boundaries of the North Fork Ranger District, Salmon-Challis National Forest and the Krassel Ranger District, Payette National Forest, Idaho and Valley Counties, Idaho.
This closure is necessary to provide protection to forest visitors from the current fire safety hazards associated with the Papoose Fire.
1. This Order will be in effect when signed and shall remain in effect until further notice.
2. A map identifying the closure area is attached and made part of this Order.
3. Any violation of this prohibition is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000.00 for a individual or $10,000 for an organization, and/or imprisonment for not more than six (6) months. [Title 16 USC 551, Title 18 USC 3571 (b)(6), Title 18 USC 3581 (b)(7)].
4. This Order supersedes any previous orders prohibiting the same acts covered by this Order in the above-described area.
Done at Salmon, Idaho this Done at McCall, Idaho this
15th day of August, 2013 15th day of August, 2013
/s/ Charles A. Mark /s/ Keith Lannom
CHARLES A. MARK KEITH LANNOM
Forest Supervisor Forest Supervisor
Salmon-Challis National Forest Payette National Forest
Order Number: 04-13-13-554