Silver Fire Emergency Area and Trails Closure Order
Incident: Silver Post Fire Response Burned Area Emergency Response
Order Number: 06-321
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
FOREST SERVICE GILA NATIONAL FOREST
SILVER CITY, WILDERNESS and BLACK RANGE RANGER DISTRICTS
SILVER FIRE EMERGENCY AREA/TRAIL CLOSURE
Pursuant to 16 U.S.C. 551, and 36 CFR § 261.53 (a), the following acts and omissions are prohibited on the areas, roads, and trails described in this order, and depicted on the attached map incorporated into this order as Exhibit A, the “restricted area,” all within the Silver City, Wilderness and Black Range Ranger Districts, Sierra and Grant Counties, Gila National Forest, New Mexico.
1. Going into or being upon the restricted area as described in this order, 36 CFR 261.52(e)
Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50(e), the following persons and trails are exempt from this order:
1. Persons with a Forest Service permit specifically exempting them from the effect of this Order.
2. Owners or lessees of land in the area for the sole purpose of access to their private lands.
3. Residents in the area for the sole purpose of access to their residence.
4. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of any organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of official duty.
All National Forest System Lands (NFSL) and trails within the proclaimed boundary of the Gila National Forest (Exhibit A) contained within the Aldo Leopold Wilderness and the Gila National Forest on the Silver City, Wilderness, and Black Range Ranger Districts.
This action includes the area within the following boundary description. Starting at the intersection of Forest Road 150 and State Hwy 35 (T15S, R12W, sec. 23) and proceeding north along and including Forest Road 150 to Forest Road 4069G (T11S, R12W, sec34), then east to the Aldo Leopold Wilderness Boundary (T11S, R12W, sec 35), then north and east along the Aldo Leopold Wilderness boundary to the junction with Forest Trail 813 (T12S, R09W sec 6), then east along Forest Trail 813 (Byers Run) and Forest Road 895 to the Forest boundary T12S, R08W sec 6), then south and east along the Forest boundary to the Sierra/Grant county line (T18S, R9W, sec 13). From the Sierra/Grant County line along the Forest Boundary west and north to the intersection with State Hwy 152 (T16S, R10W, sec13) then north and west along the Forest boundary to its intersection with State Hwy 35, then north and west along the Forest boundary on the east side of State Hwy 35 to the intersection of State Hwy 35 and Forest Road 150 (T15S, R12W, sec. 23).
1. The purpose of this order is for public safety.
1. This Forest Order # 06-321 will go into effect promptly at 6:00 am on Sunday, June 23, 2013 and will remain in full force and effect, unless otherwise rescinded, until 12:01 am on December 31, 2013.
2. A map identifying the closure area is attached and made part of this Order.
3. Order supersedes any previous orders prohibiting the same act covered by this Order.
4. Any violation of this prohibition is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000.00 for individuals and $10,000.00 for organizations and/or imprisonment for not more than six (6) months. [Title 16 USC 551, Title 18 USC 3885, Title 3885, Title 18 USC 3571, and Title 18 USC 3581].
____/S/ Kelly M. Russell_____ ___6/22/2013_____
Kelly M. Russell, Forest Supervisor, Gila National Forest Date