Tres Lagunas Fire Closure
Incident: Tres Lagunas Fire Wildfire
Order Number: 10-383
USDA FOREST SERVICE
SANTA FE NATIONAL FOREST
PECOS-LAS VEGAS RANGER DISTRICT
TRES LAGUNAS FIRE CLOSURE
Pursuant to 16 USC 551 and 36 CFR 261.50(a) and (b), the following acts are prohibited on all National Forest System lands managed by the Pecos-Las Vegas Ranger District as described below in the following counties: San Miguel, within the state of New Mexico.
The "closure area" is described below and depicted on the attached map, herby incorporated into this Order as Exhibit A (the "Tres Lagunas Fire Area").
1. Entering or being upon the Tres Lagunas Fire Area. 36 CFR 261.52(e)
2. Possessing or using a motor vehicle off National Forest System roads within the Tres Lagunas Fire Area. 36 CFR 261.56
3. Using any motor vehicle on National Forest System roads within the Tres Lagunas Fire Area. 36 CFR 261.56
4. Being upon or using any motor vehicle upon forest development trails within the Tres Lagunas Fire Area. 36 CFR 261.55(a) and (b).
l. The boundaries of the restricted area as follows: NM Route 63 North. Dalton Canyon west to the Espanola Ranger District Boundary, north along the Pecos-Las Vegas Ranger District toward Penitente Peak into the Pecos Wilderness, continuing North to Santa Fe Baldy, Pecos Baldy, North Truchas Peak, east toward Chimayosos Peak. East from Chimayosos Peak on the Continental Divide Trail #36 to Ricon Bonito Trail #269 junction. South on Ricon Bonito Trail to Skyline Trail #251 .
South on Skyline Trail to Elk Mountain. From Elk Mountain south on Forest Road 92 Rito de Ia Osha. Southwest on Forest Road 92 direct to Upper Ia Posada on Nm Route 63.
Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this order:
I. Owners or lessees of land in the area to the extent necessary to access their land.
2. Residents in the area to the extent necessary to access their land.
3. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty.
The purpose of this Order is for the protection of public health and safety. This Order is in addition to all Closure Orders in effect for the Pecos-Las Vegas Ranger District and does not alter or negate the effect of those Orders. This Order supersedes any previous Order prohibiting or restricting the same, or similar, acts in the above described areas.
I. This Order will be in effect from the date signed, and shall remain in effect until December 31, 2013 or until rescinded.
2. Any violation of this prohibition is punishable as a Class B misdemeanor by a fine of not more than $5,000.00 for individuals and $10,000.00 for organizations or by imprisonment for not more than six (6) months, or both. [Title 16 USC 551, Title 18 USC 3559, 3571, and 3581]
3. This Order supersedes, rescinds, and replaces and previous orders prohibiting the same acts covered by the Order.
Forest Supervisor Santa Fe National Forest