Public Open House to Discuss Pole Creek Restoration Scheduled
Incident: Pole Creek Wildfire
Deschutes National Forest
63095 Deschutes Market Rd., Bend, OR, 97701 www.fs.usda.gov/centraloregon
Contact: Jean Nelson-Dean, 541-383-5561 Nov. 6, 2012
Public Open House to Discuss the Pole Creek Fire
Focus on Restoration, Recreation Sites, Road Closures and Long-term Recovery
SISTERS- Next Tuesday, the Deschutes National Forest, Sisters Ranger District, will host a public open house to discuss several items related to the Pole Creek Fire.
The open house will be from 5 to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 13, 2012 at the Sisters-Camp Sherman Fire District Office, 301 South Elm Street, Sisters, Ore.
Forest Service employees will staff tables to answer questions on a variety of issues related to the Pole Creek Fire including:
· long-term and short-term restoration of the fire area,
· impacts to recreation sites and activities and how the impacts may be addressed,
· road closures and area closures and what the public can expect,
· an overall view of the progress of the fire and actions taken during the fire,
· smoke management,
· anticipated prescribed fire and hazardous fuels treatments in the Sisters Ranger District,
· the investigation into the cause of the fire,
· and how to create defensible space around your home.
For more information, the public may contact the Sisters Ranger District at 541-549-7700.